The Colorado ProStart Program curriculum consists of the Foundations of Restaurant Management & Culinary Arts Level 1 & 2 and Business Economics curriculum. The program currently provides for high school, college concurrent and articulated credit, scholarships, and employment opportunities.
Enhanced Curriculum & Materials
The National Restaurant Association and Pearson have partnered to create the most comprehensive curriculum developed by industry and academic experts – Foundations of Restaurant Management & Culinary Arts. The curriculum includes:
- Comprehensive student resources and robust educator materials provide an in-depth, industry-driven learning experience.
- Each Level (1 and 2) features blended coverage of culinary arts and management topics designed to build well-rounded skills for the workplace.
- 21st Century Learning objectives are taught and reinforced throughout the program.
To learn more about the full product line and view sample chapters as well as place orders, please visit the Pearson website
Foundations of Restaurant Management & Culinary Arts at a Glance
- The curriculum can be implemented within any scheduling constraints
- This flexible curriculum includes lab activities and chapters that can be divided up to work in 45-minute class periods or in a block schedule.
- The materials can be implemented in any classroom setting
- There are no equipment requirements. Activities can be conducted in a family and consumer sciences kitchen or an industrial kitchen.
- Foundations of Restaurant Management & Culinary Arts is a complete curriculum, with resources for students and educators
- Resources include everything from print and electronic textbooks and a companion website for students to a teacher’s wraparound edition and assessments for educators.